Offering Peace and Comfort In the Devon Countryside
"Need to relax to recharge your batteries?"
"Need fresh air with peace and quiet?"
"Need to get away from it all?"
We are a small family run B&B offering many facilities and services which a large hotel would find difficult to match.
£45 per person per night based on two people sharing. Sole occupancy £60. No VAT.
We only have two guests at a time offering them old fashioned service and individual attention.
The benefits available to our guests are shown below and are included within our tariff.
Benefits underlined are not normally available whilst staying in a small B&B such as ours and therefore offer exceptional ‘value for money’.
• One lift by our car or yours if you prefer, during the day or evening, to and collection from any public house or restaurant within a 7 mile radius of Rockhaye.
• Parking in a secure double garage.
• Free use of washing & drying machine with ironing facilities.
• Central heating.
• Constant hot water twenty four hours a day.
• Key for late return.
• One daily newspaper of your choice.
• Book out time 1:00 pmWe also provide if you require it an onward baggage delivery service to your next nights accommodation for a fee of £6 per bag within a 15 mile radius of Rockhaye.Packed lunches can be provided if ordered the day before.A Devon Cream Tea is available between 3:00pm & 6:00 pm daily for an extra cost of £5 person.
• Your own 'exclusive use' of a sitting room that adjoins your bedroom.
• Log fire in winter.
• Books, magazines & Board Games.
• Wireless Internet Access using your own lap top computer.
• 26 inch flat screen colour television with SKY and selection of DVD’s.
• Ground floor access (Unfortunately not wheelchair compatible).
• Breakfast is at your convenience when you want it anytime from 0700 to Midday.
• Freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit juice along with genuine free range eggs.
• Fresh leaf tea in china cups.
• Fresh ground coffee.
• Home made white or granary bread.
• Ground floor access (Unfortunately not wheelchair access).
• Tea and coffee with fresh milk & home made biscuits in your room.
• Electronic Safe in your wardrobe.
• Hot water bottles for your bed if you would like them.
• Additional wall mounted electric fan heater.
• Access direct to garden down one step.
• Ground floor access (unfortunately not wheelchair compatible).Bottled Drinking Water.Complimentary fruit.
• Ground floor access with four steps up from bedroom.
• Hair Dryer available.
• Large bath with grab handles, shower attachment with glass partition. Hair shampoo & Conditioner.Additional separate W.C. between bedroom & sitting room.
Garden Hard standing for horse box with use of two fields, water & wooden lean-to shelter. Use of Picnic table and Gas BBQ with cooking facilities (Summer months only). Use of one electric and one normal push bicycle (At own risk).
• Hammock (Summer months only) Outdoor garden games such as chess & jenga (Summer months only).
The Little Dart River is directly in front of Rockhaye. Trout fishing is available on the river in season with appropriate licence & tokens. Course fishing is available on a 1.5 acre lake within one mile of Rockhaye. Access to a figure of eight 7 mile circular bridal way is directly in front of Rockhaye. We are half a mile from the TWO MOORS WAY long distance pathway. Figure of eight 4 mile walk starting from Rockhaye. Five hundred yards from the centre of the village with two pub / restaurants, licensed shop, newsagents’, church, Methodist Chapel & unisex hairdressers. Local buses from the village to nearby towns and North & South Devon. Many other local walks. Excellent local farm shop 1 mile away.
The North Devon sandy surfing beaches of Woolacombe & Croyde are within an hours drive. The fringes of Exmoor National Park are within a 15 minute drive or Dartmoor National Park within 45 minutes. The Royal Horticultural Society at Rosemoor near Great Torrington is 20 miles away. The EDEN Project is 50 miles away.
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.
You need Flash to use this feature